[Proposal] ZenCash White Papers Translation into Japanese

Dear ZenCash team and community,

I here would like to submit my proposal for the translation of ZenCash White Papers into Japanese.

About Myself
I am a Japanese individual currently working as a translator for cryptocurrency news media in Japan. My work experience ranges from being a Sales and Marketing representative for media outlet to being a translator of various financial reports at PR firm in Japan. I have spent roughly half of my life overseas, primarily in Australia. Australia is a country of immigrants just like the USA. During my stay there, I was exposed to people from broad spectrum of cultural background. This unique experience helps me understand the international relations and its impact on the macroeconomy. I am genuinely excited about the innovative disruption blockchain technology is causing across all sectors of industry and around the world. I believe ZenCash has the potential to outshine its competitors and emerge as the most reliable and resilient platform with its end-to-end encryption.

Overview
I first heard about ZenCash as a cryptocurrency which has forked from Zcash and then Zclassic. Two weeks ago, I attended the first ZenCash Meetup in Tokyo, Japan. There I had the pleasure of meeting ZenCash representative for Japan, Taiga. After exchanging emails, I was asked if I was interested in translating the white papers for ZenCash. My initial thought was that I was not of the right calibre to fully convey the message. However, the more I research ZenCash and learn about its versatile ecosystem, the more I realised the significance of promoting the currency and its platform to the Japanese market.

Motivation
ZenCash’s slogan “THE COIN THAT CAN’T BE SILENCED” struck a chord with me as well. In today’s society, nobody is safe from indiscriminate personal data extraction by the government. By blindly entrusting the providers of technology and service with our data, we became unwilling cohorts of this grave assault on individual freedom. We must educate ourselves with utmost urgency to reverse the situation and regain control of our right to privacy. First step that should be taken is to place safeguards to limit the extent of the breach. Zen system is designed specifically to assist in maximizing online personal privacy. It not only provides a secure payment platform but also a range of powerful tools which people can use to communicate freely outside the influence of censorship.

Zen
Although no system is 100% fail-safe, Zen proposes to close the gap by implementing a fluid system organized by DAO. It is premature to say what a successful DAO should entail, since it’s still at an early stage of the development. But Zen system tries to strike a balance between individual needs and collective goal to minimize vulnerability. Its voting system and reward structure makes it a transparent and open system. Checks and balances are in place to make sure that system stays robust and continue to evolve. The platform is also open to unbounded extension of functionality by developers who wish to build on its secure privacy network.

By all means, Zen ecosystem has an unparalleled and comprehensive platform with scalability that future will demand. Within one year of launch, its node architecture surpassed that of Bitcoin’s in node count. Just few days ago, ZenCash was listed on Binance, prompting its value to increase significantly. As more news flow in of developments in all arena of its ecosystem, it gets clearer that Zen is here to stay and flourish.

We are all stakeholders in how our civilization will evolve or in fact perish. I believe that DAO is the right passage into the world governed by true democracy where everyone has an equal say. Governance by principles of mutual respect, autonomy and healthy competition is far more constructive than governance by fear and intimidation.

I would like to partake in this Zen movement and help change the landscape of the world we live in for the better. My first contribution would be to translate the white papers into Japanese to help disseminate the idea to Japanese population.

Deliverables

1. Upon approval of the proposal, I aim to deliver the draft translation for both white papers to Taiga within three days.
  2. Taiga has kindly agreed to check the draft for me.
  3. Once the check is complete, I will make the necessary amendments and aim to deliver the final product within further three days.

Budget
100 ZENs for translation
10 ZENs for Taiga checking
= Total 110 ZENs

Thank you for sparing your time to read my proposal. I strive to be a constructive member of the Zen community and hope to demonstrate that by effectively disseminating the idea. Translation of the white papers into Japanese is only the first step but it should be done with great diligence.

It would be an honor if I was given the opportunity. Your consideration is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
a Zen citizen

Hi @chrono,

thank you for your proposal, looks great! Please let me double check it with team. I’ll give you a feedback as soon as I can.

Have a nice day😉

Kamila
Community Project Manager of ZenCash

Hi @Kamila,

Thank you very much for the update.
I’m really looking forward to working with the ZenCash Team and the community.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions :slight_smile:

Hi @chrono,

we reviewed your proposal and we thought the price was higher than we’d expect. Therefore I did a research and I have to confirm it is expensive.

Nevertheless we appreciate you’re a team of community who want to spread the great idea of ZenCash and enthusiasm for it. And from my point of view it would be better to give a chance to somebody from community who has been involving in ZenCash for some time than to hire somebody “outside” who would take it just as a “job”.

So my question is: Are you opened for reducing the total price?

Also I’d like to say many thanks that you include Taiga in a budget however he didn’t ask for money, just offered his help. I think it’s very nice gesture😊

Thank you very much for your response in advance!
Kamila

Hi @Kamila

Thank you very much for your reply and for your review. I hope to bring to the table, my expertise and enthusiasm for ZenCash. Although ZenCash may inherently spread on its own, it can certainly benefit from a boost in the Japanese market.

In terms of budget, yes I’m open to suggestions. So please let me know how much you think is appropriate and/or how much you can afford.

Also, thank you for your clarification on Taiga’s participation. I must have jumped the gun :slightly_smiling_face:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Let me just chime in and say that chrono had known about our project even before our official meetup was held in Japan and, in that sense, has been a member of our community for quite some time :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @Taiga! Therefore I we would really appreciate if @chrono would translate it. We love to support our community and people who are long-term believers in ZenCash!
Thank you very much again👍

Hi @chrono,

I did a research what is a proper price for translation of the new one and the old one White Papers and I’m going to review your proposal regarding to my market research together with my co-workers.

I deeply apologize for the delay😔 I give you a feedback as soon as I can.

Have a nice day😉
Kamila

Hi @chrono,

on behalf of our team I’d like to deeply apologize for the delay. Finally we reviewed your proposal.

I did a research and the conclusion from it was that the professional translator who focuses on translations of topics connected with blockchain and cryptocurrencies offered us his service with rate 0,25 USD / word.

As we know that you’re professional translator as well (and you’re a member of our community which is significantly appreciated) we offer you the same rate, it means 0,25 USD / word. We’d like to ask you for translation of both White papers (the old one and the new one). These documents have 10670 words together. Your proposal was posted on the 2018/05/28 so I worked with exchange conversion took place at the closing price on the last day of the preceding month as recorded on https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zencash/historical-data/ and it’s 1ZEN=30,54USD. So the calculation is:

10670 words x 0,25 USD = 2667,5 USD
2667,5 x 30,54 = 87 ZEN

So we’d like to offer you 87 ZEN for your services. However @Taiga is our team member we cannot pay him extra benefit. Nevertheless we appreciate your nice gesture and it’s up to you how many ZEN you want to send him from the total budget.

I understand it’s not the entire amount as you requested but we still think it’s fair deal. I hope it will be convenient for you. Please let me know if you want to accept this offer or not.

Thank you very much for patience and staying with ZenCash😘
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Kamila

Hi @Kamila

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your thorough review of the budget proposal. Please allow me to check it and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @Kamila

Firstly, I would like to thank you and ZenCash team for the offer. I understand that it has been a hectic week for you and you have to juggle priorities.

I concluded that your offer was fair enough and I’m happy to accept it. I’m ready to commence work upon your approval.

Once again thank you for your support and I’m thrilled to be part of this great community :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @chrono,

thank you very much that you decided to contribute with ZenCash. We really appreciate it! :blush: And I personally hope that this is not the last project where we cooperate​:wink:

This proposal is approved. Please, @chrono, I’d like to kindly ask you to start with translation.

Special thanks belongs to @Taiga as well. Many thanks to both :+1:

Have a great day.
Kind regards
Kamila

Hi @Kamila

Thank you for your approval. I shall get cracking then :slightly_smiling_face: I aim to deliver the final product by the end of 17th of June.

I too, look forward to our ongoing cooperation. Cheers!

Hi @chrono,

Thank you for sending me the translation drafts yesterday!
I’ll proceed to the review and get back to you when it is finished.

Thank you for supporting the Zen platform :blush:

Hi @chrono,

I’ve seen the draft and it’s really cool! :+1: Thank you very much for such a unbelievable effort :kissing_heart:

@Taiga, thank you for reviewing. I appreciate it😊

Have a successful day.

Kamila

Hi @chrono,

@Taiga sent me your final work and I did the last review of final quality according to our new Tracking of Deliverables Process. You did a gorgeous and brilliant work in one week, it’s unbelievable! Great job :+1: Thank you very much​:kissing_heart:

Once the final quality was checked, I’d like to ask you for your T-address. Please, post it here and I’m going to ask our Financial department for the payment. And, of course, I’ll post here a transaction link.

@Taiga, many thanks to you for final check of both documents. I really appreciate your work :+1:

Thank you both for excellent job! Have a great day.

Warm regards,
Kamila

Hi @Kamila ,

Thank you very much for your final review of the translation. I believe amendments made by Taiga have taken it to the next level and we can be proud of the final product. I hope the white paper gets read by as many Japanese people as possible.

It has been a real pleasure working with you. Here is my T-address:znnDtEof7HRNuaUfyqQBKmYA2zFzd5CFKEr

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

This proposal was FINISHED.

The deliverables of this proposal were translation of the two ZenCash White Paper documents into Japanese. Original documents were Zen White Paper and New Zen White Paper. Both documents were received and checked by Kamila, Community Project Manager of ZenCash. All conditions connected with this proposal were met.

The payment was sent on 2018/07/09. Transaction confirmation link:
https://explorer.zensystem.io/tx/a401250827bdd682f5e7a9cb8210c9b42a5c4db6beabb4e1df0ed87ae23d49b1

Many thanks to all people who dedicated their time for realization of this proposal idea, special thanks belongs to @chrono, the owner of this proposal, for excellent and quick job :+1: And many thanks to @Taiga, ZenCash Country Representative of Japan :ok_hand:

We significantly appreciate our ZenCash community in Japan and are more than happy to announce that Japanese translation will be posted here very soon.

Kamila