A general unexpected error has occurred:

Good morning,

Here’s the rest of the error

error: couldn’t connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)
(make sure server is running and you are connecting to the correct RPC port)
See the console/logfile output for more detailed error information!

edit: sorry I’m getting this error when attempting to start the GUI wallet

Hi everyone,

I had a Swing wallet running perfectly for a few days. Starting from yesterday I am not able to use it.
I’ve got the following error:

изображение

Can the support team help to find solution? Thanks for support.

I searched further through the support threads and found that a zend -reindex worked (took a copy of my wallet.dat first). I have new t addresses now though and I need to get to the old one to transfer some funds out. How is this done?

If you did not delete the original wallet.dat file then you should not have a new/different T address in the wallet after re-indexing. Since this problem sounds strange, before attempting any more repairs make sure you have a safe backup copy of the original wallet.dat file. It may be copied manually when the GUI wallet/zend are not running. The wallet.dat needs to be backed up regularly (not just once - say after every 30-40 outgoing transactions) and it MUST also be backed up after creating a new Z address.

This appears to be the known problem of a broken/corrupt block-chain. In most cases it can be fixed safely. Some manual repairs will be necessary.

The ZEN private keys are located in the wallet.dat file in directory:
Windows: %APPDATA%/Zen/
Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/Zen/
To make sure your ZEN is not lost, the most important thing is to keep a backup copy of your wallet.dat file - it must never be lost! It may be copied manually when the GUI wallet/zend are not running. The wallet.dat needs to be backed up regularly (not just once - say after every 30-40 outgoing transactions) and it MUST also be backed up after creating a new Z address.

Once you make sure you have a wallet backup in a safe place, this problem is most commonly solved by re-indexing the block-chain. For details of how to reindex, see the troubleshooting guide: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/TroubleshootingGuide.md